Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Some of the things I do with kimchi are pretty traditional - various forms of "kimchi with rice" and "kimchi in soup." Some are not even close.

Like kimchi colcannon, for instance - the Irish dish of mashed potatoes with cabbage. If you can make it with cabbage, you can make it with kimchi. In this case, I went two further - the kimchi is the curry-flavored kimchi I made a couple weeks ago, and the potatoes are sweet potatoes.

Normally I use duck wings for stock - they're not much like chicken wings and don't take well to frying or roasting. But this time I'd put a couple duck wings in the freezer, and braised them with the curry kimchi, before mixing the kimchi with the sweet potatoes. Braised, they're delicious and tender - and the sweet potato colcannon is spicy with curry seasonings, tart from kimchi.


Braised duck wings, curry kimchi sweet potato colcannon

No comments:

Post a Comment