Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I have to thank my fellow bloggers, as well as Marx Foods. In that fregola sarda dessert recipe contest, there were two polls - one by the general public, and an internal poll voted on by the contest participants and Marx staff. While the popular vote deservedly went to Zestybeandog, the internal poll came down to a two way tie between me and Adesina's Kitchen (both of us made fried desserts inspired by rice dishes, interestingly) - and rather than make us settle the matter with a knife fight as bloggers did under Nero, Marx gave us each a $100 credit.

I know I'll sound like a shill, but I think tossing an extra $100 in the prize pot like that is pretty pretty cool. It's not like we're talking about Coca-Cola or General Foods here, with a bottomless budget.

Anyway, I used my credit on a large quantity of the Israeli couscous I blogged about earlier, because that stuff was just damn good and Caitlin and I have a lot of ideas for things to do with it, and a small quantity of micro sea beans, which I'm not sure I've blogged about before but will after the weekend. The idea was to reinvest in the blog, in other words - use the credit to get stuff I can't find locally, so that I have that many more things to blog about.

No comments:

Post a Comment