Saturday, May 21, 2011

Kathy and Mark are visiting, and yesterday we went to Boston's Haymarket while Caitlin was at work. The Haymarket is a vendors' market - the same guys who sell produce to the supermarkets sell at a discount what they need to unload, on Fridays and Saturdays. So we ended up with a lot of very cheap fruit.

There are also a few meat markets and whatnot in the perimeter of the Haymarket, so I went into a halal meat market to buy a lamb's head. After the other two had left and I was the only one there, while the butcher quartered the head for me, he said, "Hey. Hey, buddy."

Yeah?

He grabbed his crotch and asked conspiratorially, "You want the balls?"

And soon enough he'd brought a sack of lamb testicles out from the back.

So in my freezer right now, I have a quartered lamb's head and four lamb testicles, for Memorial Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment